CNC Router Cutters Diamond Cutters - PCD Tools
Diamond cutters, also known as PCD tooling (Polycrystalline Diamond), are a highly cost efficient option when used the right machinery. With fast feed rates and outstanding accuracy of cut throughout their tool life they also considerably reduce downtime. Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) tipped router bits have the highest hardness standards of all CNC cutting tools.
If you are new to PCD tools, get in touch with our knowledgeable team and they will guide you through the uniqueness of these outstanding cutting tools.
PCD tools have been used in the industry for over 35 years. Composed of diamond particles bonded to a tungsten carbide matrix, diamond cutters are one of the most abrasion resistant and hardest in the wood/composite industry. They also reduce your tooling cost significantly, as the tool life is expected up to 25 times longer than carbide tipped tooling. PCD tools perform exceptionally well in CNC woodworking machines even in cutting plastics, composites and non-ferrous metals.
How Diamond Cutters are used
- Specific tooling for joiners, cabinet makers, shop-fitters, sign-makers, display makers, aluminium joiners, marine and furniture manufacturers.
- For cutting, plywood, fire rated panel, chipboard, particle board, MDF and HDF or composites like solid surface,HPL, fibreglass, phenolics and carbon fibre.
- For machining applications such as sawing, routing, drilling and profiling
Features and benefits of PCD Tools
- 10-40 times longer lasting than Tungsten cutters, depending on your application
- Our own premium Konig brand.
Check out our Diamond cutters for concrete and granite too.