Even with the latest in high tech CNC cutting equipment there is still very much a place in industry for the humble Bandsaw.
In fact, with the constant development of new materials and the obvious necessity to cut contours and shapes in them, there are more blade choices than ever! So how do you select the right bandsaw blade to achieve the best result?
Choosing Bandsaw width:
• Bandsaw blade width is measured from the back of the blade to the tips if the teeth
• For straight cutting, use as wide a blade as your machine will allow. The wider the band, the easier it is to cut in a straight line
• For contour cuts, select correct width from chart below
Choosing Tooth Pitch (TPI):
• More TPI give a smoother but slower cut
• Fewer TPI allow faster cutting but give a slightly rougher finish
• At least 3 teeth should be in the workpiece
• For general wood cutting of 12mm - 19mm material, 4 TPI will provide a good, fast cut
• The number of teeth per inch is important to obtain the desired finish and the proper speed rate
- Standard Carbon Steel - used traditionally for cutting wood and plastics
- HSS Bimetal - used for abrasive wood types, some composites and steel (with coolant)
- Tungsten Tipped - used for composites and abrasive woods
Standard Blade Widths:
Standard TPI (teeth per inch):
HOW TO ORDER?
1. Select Blade Type:
- Standard Carbon Steel, HSS Bimetal or Tungsten Tipped
2. Select Blade Width
3. Select Tooth Pitch:
- Standard straight pitch TPI - 18, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, coarser (specify)
- Variable Pitch TPI 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12, finer
4. Select Blade length (mm)
5. Select Quantity
6. Call 0800 488 647, let us know your specification and we look after it from now on
CALL US ON 0800 488 647 AND LET US KNOW YOUR SPECIFICATION.
Every day our team strives to boost your confidence, productivity and results through our exciting service, sharp inside and tailored support.